Monday, January 5, 2015

Memory keeping: the everyday moments


Some things seem so normal that it is easy to look them over. Other things are special but might happen very often and are part of our everyday life. We think we will remember them but it's crazy how easy we forget. When my first was born, I used to scribble down notes in a pretty orange little notebook about my birth experience and what I went through those first weeks, but life got busy and I stopped. When my second boy was born I kept asking myself what my first could do when he was a certain age, or how I coped with stuff, and I just couldn't remember. They are just 20 months apart. That was quite shocking to me. Therefore, I now make notes very often. Mostly about my boys because they change so quickly and because I want to remember this special time where they are little. I am trying to be better at journaling about myself, too, and sometimes ask Mark to write something down about himself, too. 

Today, I took a picture of a cute little game that Oscar, who is now almost 15 months old, and I have every day which started a few weeks ago. He loves to help me empty the dishwasher. He gets all excited and hands me over the dishes and the cutlery. And everytime I take something from him, he says in his sweet little voice: thankyou! 




No comments:

Post a Comment